Sunday, November 17, 2019

Feels weird

Hi dear blog readers....
I have to say, it sure feels weird to not have socks on the
needles...my go to brainless project.  Maybe I will have time
to make some for me soon.

This week I made the Irma hat. Free pattern on Ravelry.
The patterning part is not hard at all but definitely
not brainless.  I had to tink back a couple of times to 
get back on track.

Mods:  I cast on 104 stitches, and did 4" of ribbing before
starting the pattern.

A nice chocolate, tweedy brown.
I like the tweed look.
 

 Joe was kind enough to model for me.
This hat is for my dad for Christmas.

 I have had this yarn in stash forever.
Way back when Spirit work was still in business. I think I bought
it for mittens I never made. Though I did make something. I had
three skeins at some point. I had a smidge of one left, that I used.
I also used another 1.5.


I started another hat.  Jason's Cashmere hat.
 Lots of cables. Not brainless for sure.
Free pattern on Ravelry
Aran yarn
Sundara Yarn.
I have also had this in my stash for a long time.
A hat for my friend Maryann.
 The color is more of a tealy blue.

I did work on the Mariechen sweater this week. No new
picture. It is very big, but only comes half way down my back.

Ruth finished up her Acer sweater!
Totally stunning, don't you think!



Martha finished her 2nd sock,
no picture cause she wore them and they
are dirty!  LOL. They are totally cute.

She is  making mittens for her daughter
EmmaLouise.
The first two pictures are the inspiration for the mittens:




She created! yes created this pattern on chart paper.

And here is her yarn
Lots more to show next week.

In other news:
Joe roasted a lot of butternut squash today on the grill.
Something about the grill that brings out the natural
sweetness of it.  We will freeze it.


 I made a wild rice, mushroom, chicken soup that was not that great.
The rice got too mushy.
Also  grilled tomato sammies from Pioneer Woman that were
actually awful.

I tried. :)
have a great week dear blog readers. Are you doing any
holiday knitting?  I have  to make something for Tiffany and
Joe yet, then I'll be done.

No comments: