Sunday, February 9, 2020

Snow Storms are Good for Knitting

This week we had two weather event days.  Thursday and Friday.
The icing on Thursday was the worst.  We got snow all day on Friday.

I started another color on the stripey scarf.  This is what I knit in the
mornings before work. Hard to screw it up.


 On Friday I finished the second sweater sleeve.

Now I have to pick up the button band.  I'm nervous.
I'll give it a go after dinner. Wish me luck!


I started the baby sweater for Joe's nephew.
Free pattern on Ravelry.
I love this pattern because it's so simple.
A great template for a baby sweater.

Using Encore yarn. It is cheap, and washes nicely. For as long as the kid
will wear it, I think it will be perfect.  It's what I used for my first sweater!
I finished the body and that little bit of yarn is what I had left from
the first skein. 

Have a small start on the 1st sleeve.
The bottom is supposed to be garter but I did ribbing.
The knits are TBL. They will straighten out when I wash it.
I made size 12 months, and it seems very big to me.
I'm ok with that, as long as the kid gets some wear out of
it.  I guess even in the summer we wear sweaters at night sometimes.


Ruth has just about finished up her first mitten. 
She will probably be done with the thumb by nighttime.
Acanthium pattern.
I love the colors and the detail.

Martha is working on her daughter's Tweel skirt.
She has  worked hard on it all week, with a few hiccups.

Here is a diagram of her mistakes. She is carrying on.
I think she is the only one that will notice

In her words:

This picture shows how I lost track of my repeats and 
made the sweeping cable wrong. I’m just going on.
 Too much cabling to rip back and fix, which I already
 tried to do twice. Done with that mistake.
I think its great she shows us these things as a learning opportunity.


In other news:
I worked at home the two stormy days so things are quite dull.
The snowplow took out mailbox out so Joe is out fixing that.
On the menu tonight is meatloaf, squash, mashed potatoes,
pineapple cottage cheese, and homemade bread that just came
out of the oven. 

I'm off to read the directions on the button band for my sweater.
Fingers! Crossed!

1 comment:

karen said...

so much knitting goodness in your post! I have been on a sweater knitting kick this past month and now I'm waiting for buttons to arrive to finish another sweater, hopefully today!