Sunday, February 28, 2021

I'd rather have the lion now.....

 Hi dear blog readers. Sorry no blog last week, I was exhausted.  Feeling much more energized today thank goodness.

I made a cowl for my friend at work so she can be warm when she takes her long walks.

Pattern:  Winter Berries / Size 7 needle / Malabrigo Rios Superwash Worsted Yarn, Color 855 Aguas


 

Pattern called for 5 repeats but I only did 3.  It is plenty deep enough and I don't like coowls that are so so huge.

Had enough left over yarn to make a head band.  Alpine Headband Pattern. I've made this before.

I am about 2/3 done.  Modifications to pattern. Added two stitches to each end.

End stitches are: Slip first stitch, and Purl the last stitch for a nice edge. Instead of garter doing seed stitch so ends don't curl.  I also did a provisional cast on so I can kitchner the ends together. 


That is all of the knitting I have.  

Ruth finished her Hap shawl!  Houlland from the  Book of Haps. Yarn is Elemental Affects Shetland fingering. Periwinkle color.  It's so beautiful!!!! So much work!

She started a new sweater.

Bartlett yarn from the sweater she ripped out. Fehling from Brooklyn Tweed. 

She has a good start on the sleeve.

 

 Martha, unfortunately, had to rip her last sweater. All of that work, but the fit just wasn't going to work.

She took a few hundred or so deep breaths and ripped.  :)  She has started a new sweater, Oban.

 She is switching skeins as she knits since some of the yarn is a little darkerIt's going to be so beautiful.




 In other news:

Tomorrow is March 1st, they said if it comes in like a lamb it goes out like a lion.  Our weather is supposed to be pretty mild this week.  I would rather have it come in like a lion and get it over with. LOL.

I was going to share these pictures last week with the sun on the glistening snow.  So pretty.  Most of our snow is gone now.








This is Mickey on Joe's lap. Totally spoiled. 


Have a good week dear blog readers...Knit on!







 

No comments: