Sunday, July 11, 2021

Reasons

 Hi Dear Blog  Readers!

Update on my socks:

I have turned the heel on the "Socks of Kindness" and almost done with decreases.  You would think I would have more done since there was no update last week.  I had a lot of days with no knitting.  It's a fun pattern and easy to do.  These are for mom.

I had to take my dad to a procedure on Friday, and since mom was going to be there the whole time, I could not work on these socks, so....I started another pair.  Super easy.  No chart reading, just counting rows.  

Pattern is Intersections from 52 Weeks of Socks book.  I had the ribbing done on Thursday, and knit the whole rest of the leg waiting on Friday. 

Yarn is Valley Yarn Charlemont that has a little silk in it.  Not sure if I like the pooling, but it is what it is at this point. The pattern would obviously show up more on plain yarn.    These are for my sister in law.


This pic was at 7:00 am before the rain started.  Knitting, playing words and drinking coffee. What more could a girl ask for!


Ruth started a new sweater  !  Yarn is Peace Fleece DK. Color is Blue Jay. Pattern is Morlaix cardi by Regina Moessmer.  The shoulders are done. Lots of short rows.  Now she's increasing for the sleeves. Interesting construction she said.   I like it a lot!


Martha is getting close...oh so close to finishing her sweater.  In her words:

Here’s the sweater or should I say coat? The collar is on the right.  I have to knit 23” on the collar and am about 15” so far. I think I can finish the collar tonight.  The underarms and sleeves I’m waiting to bind off, as per you, to make sure the length is to my liking.  I’m ready to be done with this sweater but don’t want to rush and finish it poorly which, I always regret.  This sweater is Oban by Norah Gaughan published by Brooklyn Tweed.  The yarn is Logwood Sport by Lana Plantea Yarns. Rombiuollet and Alpaca. 

If you look back on the blog, she has been working on this for a very very long time. It's really a masterpiece !

 


In other news:

Ruth, Martha and I traded flower pictures yesterday.  It was fun. All so different.

Here is an enlarged  picture of mine -- see the little chipmunk sticking his head out of the gutter....I wish I could transport him to Ruth's house!  LOL


Here are Ruth's. She sent several but I'm just adding this one. She has a great perennial garden all around her house.  She puts a lot of work into it.

Here is Martha's. She has a nice mix of colors!

Joe and Joey went fishing yesterday and caught a nice mess of perch!


I need to figure out which sock to work on.  Maybe green on odd days of week and blue on even?  or?  

Have a great week dear blog readers.  Stay safe and be kind.

No comments: