Sunday, August 4, 2024

Busy busy busy

 Hi Dear Blog  Readers..things have been busy here the last two weeks. 

And tonight I'm so tired this will be a quick post....that's summer for you...

Finally finished up the pair of socks I started a long time ago.

Not my best effort, but they are made for me, and I will love them this winter.

Fiberoptics Footnotes yarn - Snowflake pattern from Pacific Knit Company Card deck.  I thought I was clever to only put snowflake on front and back, but should have done it all the way around.

Ric Rac Shawl is finished.  Yarn is from Woolroom at Longmeadow farm.  Cut yarn with every color change, but was smart and tied in ends as I went.

I love how this turned out.





 

Ruth is working away on her beautiful Redhook vest.  It is purple, not red like the picture shows


Martha has been in  Germany for the last two weeks.  This picture is the day she and her niece took a 40 mile roundtrip bike ride.  She did all the things while there.

We saw the kids a lot in the last week.

Tiffany and I took her kids to the county fair.


We swam

And ate


And zoo'd




 Saturday Joe and I took a trip to the NY Fingerlakes and discovered Muranda  Cheese .  They have bands from 2-5 and have cheese tastings. So fun.  A destination for sure.

 

Have a good week dear blog readers.

2 comments:

karen said...

love the socks, love the shawl!

Jane said...

I love the pop of pink at the top and toe of the sock. The shawl turned out so nice. I'm so glad you can spend so much time with your family. County fairs are a good place for kids - not to big but lots to see. Have a good week.