Sunday, August 23, 2026

The reason I didn't walk today

 Hi Dear Blog Readers...

Another day like fall here.  Tomorrow it will struggle to reach 70.  It's only August.  Sigh.  

Not sure if you remember but way back in the spring I finished up a baby sweater for our niece.  In July I went thru my button stash and found come cute monkey buttons.  And today is the shower....and I realized I had no buttons on the sweater...so no walk. Luckily it didn't take me too long to sew them on.  I put a small button on the back of the real button to stabalize.  


 the top picture is actual color of yarn

I worked on the sweater a little this week.  Three more rows to go and then it's plain knitting.


 Ruth finished her hat!  The directions were a little wonky at the top but she figured it out.  So cute huh!

 


Martha is starting a new colorwork sweater. She is making hers in a bright fun color pallette.

 

 

This is her vest.  She is currently waiting to find a color that will match. She only has 2" to go to finish,.

So pretty huh!
 

In other news:

Joe and I went with my brother Joel and his wife Vicky on a boat tour on Skaneateles Lake on Friday.  It was sooo fun.


 

Tiffany took the boys to some nature preserve yesterday. Great photos

We had a family party at Joey's yesterday.  Not often all four grands are together.
 

Have a good week dear blog readers...

 

2 comments:

karen said...

I love weather that struggles to reach 70 degrees!! We had some lovely fresh air come in over the weekend. I love it. The photos of the kids is so cute. Gorgeous knitting too.

Jane said...

The baby sweater is darling. And all the knitting puts me in the mind for fall. All of it is so pretty. I love all the different colors and textures.