Sunday, November 18, 2018

Browsing

I spent some time browsing thru my stash this week.
I have a lot of sock yarn, that does not have any nylon
in it.  Shawls I guess. When I was new to sock knitting,
I did knit socks without nylon, and holes appeared
much faster.

Finished up the 2nd sock this week...these colors
are awful. It's a nice oatmeal color.
Pattern is: Snowfall Socks, written for a 64 stitch
pattern.  



That would not work - I cast on 76 stitches, and added two
to beginning, middle and end of pattern. After 3 " I decreased
two, and decreased two again at ankle.  Size 2 needle.


 I purchased way too much yarn. A whole extra 125ish
yards. Now what to do with it.
???  The yarn is so nice...


 Finished my brothers helmet hat.
The colors is really a navy/blue jean color.


this is really to be worn when its super cold out. With
a hood or hat. 
 Interesting.  the one I made for my dad uses
Cascade 220 (yds) and I ran out. This is
Berroco Ultra Wool, 219 yards, and I had some
left over.  Same needles....Both superwash worsted weight yarn.
I like the Berroco much better.
a real head scratcher.


 Started felted slippers for Casey
Fuzzy feet pattern.
Very fast so far.


Mauch Chunky yarn.
Purchased years ago at Spirit works yarn shop
(now closed) to make these slipper for me.
Another stash yarn used...yea!

Started some plain socks with Feza yarn.
They will be straight knitting for when
I need total brainless work. 

 Ribbing so far.

Ruth made mittens for her little great-nephew.
Also a cowl, but she gifted that already.
And check this out.
She purchased fabric and made a little blankie
for Baby Ray,.
Wish I could sew!
But really, I guess Im ok..
I dont need a distraction from Knitting.
Here is the other side.
So.Stinkin.Cute.

Martha is blocking her vest!
 It needs one more day to dry thenshe will  finish the shoulders
 and put on some cord and buttons.
  It is Berroco pattern Really. It’s Noro yarn. The color is browner.
This pic was taken in the basement so the lighting is not great down there.
And progress on Tom's socks:

In other news:

We all have had a pretty crafty week.
I did the dining room yesterday...
Washed curtains, walls, floor.  Getting
ready for Thanksgiving.  But even if we didn't have
company coming, this is the time of year I do a deep cleaning.
I take the summer off!

Joe got a giant deer yesterday. I'm so happy for him.
We decided no pictures in case some of you are against
that sort of thing. 

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving dear blog readers...

No comments: