Sunday, November 11, 2018

Quiet Fall Week

Hi there....
It was a very quiet week here at Knitatation.

I went to the gym two evenings after work...so that means
I leave at 6:00 am and get home at 6:15 pm.. very long day,
does not leave much energy for knitting.

I was faithful the the 2nd sock, and have just turned
the heel.
I always feel like I've reached a huge milestone when I
am done with heel decreases. I chose to do a standard
heel on these socks because they might be a tad big, and
I didn't want them slipping in the shoe.



Finished up the helmet liner for my dad.
There is not enough yarn in Cascade 220 for all of it,
so have to use a 2nd color.  I think it gives it a little spunk.!@!



I have yarn for a yoke pattern sweater that I'm dying
to start...inspiration to get Christmas knitting done!

Ruth has both fronts, and the back done on her sweater.

 She is working on sleeves now.


 Tiffany is getting close to done on the baby blanket.
This is almost two skeins. I suggested she do another
half skein.  Her baby sprinkle party is Sat after Thanksgiving.
she needs time to block it. I think she will be done in time.


Martha

HER k3, p1 Sock is coming along..she isdoing heel and
soom will be  zooming down the foot

Here is her vest. 
She is beginning to shape arms and neck.
Can't wait to see it done!



In other news:
We had snow Friday....leaves are buried under the snow.

The big maple is still green, it usually turns when the other
ones do...and the leaves are hanging on for dear life!
The tree in the background is samething, and totally bare.
Joe has worked tirelessly all weekend picking up the leaves.
We have soooo many every year.


Last Friday I went to an estate sale and bought
this table. It was dark green. Before I went, Joe said
he would paint and varnish the one he did last year
that was green (from Estate Sale).
Her it is. The top on this is oak. He did such a nice job...
I love it.
 here is the one from last year....
I love this one too..an little different, but they are on
opposite sides of the room.



I have been domestic this weekend....yet more reasons for limited
knitting.  Yesterday I made sauerkraut & keilbasa in the crockpot...
with homemade applesauce.  So good. I also made sauce yesterday.
Today I have made bread to go with sauce.  Made zoodles for myself...
So yummy.  Thanksgiving so so close. Tiffany washed the windows
in the family room for me today. I washed curtains, walls, did the
baseboards, and carpet....smells and looks good. So much more to
do.  What do you do for Thanksgiving dear blog readers....
leave a comment.....
Happy Knitting.

No comments: