Sunday, December 16, 2018

It's Beginning to Look Like Chrismas!



 I finished up the first sock this week, and decided it needed
a pop of color....2nd one has a small start.
Working on a secret project that I hope to get one before
Chirstmas.



Ruth started another sweater !
Pattern is Farm House Cardigan by Amy Christoffers.
Yarn is Berroco Catena.


Martha send me a very nice detailed description today,
so here goes in her own words:



  Hi knitters. Here’s my vest for Tom. It’s 40”wide, I am very happy with it. I think it’ll be a good size and the contrasting trim looks good and symmetrical. Phew!



This is the book I took the pattern from. It has patterns that are very simple and written for multiple gauges. Mine happens to be 2.5/1” so I had continue
 to minimize the pattern down, but I think it looks very good.



Here’s the pattern. They have crew neck, v neck and sweater or vest.



And here’s my left over yarn! I had no idea if I would have enough yarn since my gauge was big but my yardage as was less than the pattern called for.  Although I think the contrast looks very good I could have done the whole thing in brown and black. Oh well, live and learn... it’s kind of too bad since the brown Nd black are very soft....  so I have to sew in a few care labels and then I’m done....  



In other news:

Here is a picture of Ruth's gandson...such
a cutie pie!


We had Joe's family here for Christmas last night.
Fun fun fun.
Today I feel like a truck ran over me!

The little kids loved the play station
I set up for them.


Here is Joe cooking with Charlie supervising.


Donna's family:

Jeanine's family:









Have a nice week dear blog readers....

































No comments: