Sunday, February 24, 2019

Small progress

Ruth, Martha and I all have small progess this week.
I had a really tired week, and did not knit every day/night,
which is unusual for me.

 I finished the helmet liner...washed and dryed in the
dryer. Notice the small bit of yarn left over.
Plymouth Select Superwash worsted yarn.



 Worked a little on the sweater just today.  Doing short rows along
the back. Next step is to divide sleeves off onto scrap yarn.
I hope to get some more done today.


In process of making Eye of  Partridge heel flap on
the 2nd sock.
I am itching...yes itching to start something new!


Here is Martha's finished baby sweater and hat.


 This color is much closer.


 She decided to make the new baby's older sister
a sweater.  This yarn has been in her stash for a long time
She said it is very nice!

Straker pattern. Old, but very well written.



 Martha's colorwork sweater is in hibernation until she finishes
the kid projects. She is going to rip and start over.  She has
been researching carrying colors on the internet, and feels like
she has a good method to try now.
 

 Ruth started a shawl, but her hand started to hurt so
she stopped. Reminder she had thumb/hand surgery almost 4 weeks
ago.  She stopped when it started to hurt. 







In other news....
I've got nothing.  Joe's surgery was 4 weeks ago tomorrow.
His progress is kinda slow.  He is at least on crutches full time now.
he is itchy to do something. We are bracking for a major wind storm
today....let's hope it is not as bad as they say it could be.

Martha's dog Sophie had surgery this week...
Here are details in her own words:



Here is Sophie modeling her new coat! She’s recovering from surgery. She had a big fatty and more tumor removed. Her scar is about 7-8”long. I’ve rigged up this towel coat to stop her itching. If I can watch her I take it off, but otherwise it’s on. She’s very tolerant. I took her to the vet for a recheck. He liked the way her scar was healing and okayed hydrocortisone for the itching. I was nervous about the middle of the scar which seemed to be healing attaching to her body internally, so the skin would not be loose but he seemed to think it was ok. He said he had to go deep in her body to get it all there so he had to stretch her skin a lot to close. Tummy tuck? 😬 I’m waiting on the pathology report to see what the tumor was,I’m assuming cancer because what else would it be, but? She seems very good without it! I’ll keep you updated....  Martha

 

 

Here's hoping all of my dear blog readers a safe, KNITFUL week!
























No comments: