Sunday, July 19, 2020

Hot hot hot

This week has been sooooo hot here. 
Not much knitting. I did manage to get the Mystery Shawl  done.


Such a fun knit. It's really big. Now I need a fancy event to wear it.



I will concentrate on a pair of plain socks this week.

Ruth is working a way on the beautiful baby blanket.
 Yarn is Filatura di Crosa Wave. Pattern is Cradle Me by Anne Hanson.

 Martha started a sweater.
it is very fun!  In her own words:
Hi , this yarn caught my attention while raking  through my stash. Ruth said she gave it to me and originally bought it for Moryia. It was so colorful I thought of my work friend’s (that’s a quilter and simple knitter) daughter that’s is very spicy. She perfectly fits the yarn. I’m making Loren By Sara Elizabeth Schmidt, a cute kids cardigan, easy knit. I have just enough yarn so I’m not making fold over sleeve cuffs, I’ll just knit the cuff onto the end of the sweater.  I had a little thing going as I was not reading the pattern properly. After I got that together it has been easy.


She finished her  Aranami Shawl.
I think  hers is one of the nicest ones in this pattern.


 In other news:

We had Tiffany's first baby shower today.  Because of Covid, we 
split into two showers and called them drive up showers.
LOL  It was fun.  Everyone stayed apart and visited for a short
time.  We had cupcakes, drinks and gave everyone a little jar of jelly.
Here are just a couple of pictures. It was so hot I can't even explain it.
Tiff survived and had fun, that is all that matters.


A picture of my happy place - our patio

Mark (Tiffany's husband) has had chickens for the last six months.
He checked on them today and guess what...first eggs!

Martha retired two old lamps today.

  Have a good week dear blog readers.
Stay cool, safe and be kind.

No comments: