Monday, October 4, 2021

Good progress

 Hi Dear Blog Readers....Rainy here in Western NY today. I took a break from walking today, and knit a bit!

I finally blocked the Fern & Feather Sweater.  I soaked the top quick, then held it out of the water so the white would not pick up the brown color.  

I'm mostly very happy with how it turned out.

CeCe's Wool - Local Cozy Corriedale.   I like the yarn a lot -- I was expecting more of a rust color, but I like the way it ended up.   Size 7 needle.

I've been waiting to block it since June.....not sure why.



I like the fit a lot.

I will  have to find a cream colored turtle neck to wear under it.  Problem is I'm always so hot lately, and the yarn at the top is double. 

Joe took these pictures for me today. :)


I finished up the first sock for my brother.  I am a teeny bit unsure I will have enough yarn left so I put the final stitches on different needles.  If I run out of yarn, I will tink back and make the toe a different color.  I will probably have more than enough yarn....but....just in case....

The Peppermelon sweater continues to grow.  I put it on a string on Friday and tried it on.  A few more increases are needed before I put the sleeves on strings.  I am just working on this part time.  My main focus needs to be Christmas presents. 

Ruth has a FUN update this week.

She finished up the Gus baby sweater for her grandson. TOTALLY CUTE!  Love the buttons....and the pop of blue. Cascade 220 and Borocco yarn. Thrift store buttons.

She is working on some brainless socks.  Yarn hero fiber Arts color mix sock yarn. Book club color

She started a pretty complex color work sweater.  I love the colors she is using.

Holly sweater by Marie Wallin.  British Breeds yarn.


Martha is working away on her sweater.  She is almost done with the body.  She told us she is working about 60 hours a week lately!  So not a lot of time to knit.  This is the Big Y pattern, and Dancing Leaf Rhinebeck yarn. 

Her dog Penny photo bombing the picture !  cute!


In other news....

I have been doing a lot of fall cooking this week.  No pictures.  Friday I made a cheese based soup.  Saturday and Sunday I made sauce and meatballs. I love when the sauce cooks for two days...yummy!

Have a good week and a great knitting week dear blog readers.

Stay safe and be kind.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your sweaters! Connie the fit of yours is great. Outside sweater for Rhinebeck! Ruth your sweater is very cute.

karen said...

absolutely stunning! I love the sweater and the way it fits :)