Sunday, October 10, 2021

And Just Like That !!!!

 Hi Dear Blog Readers.....

And just like that, Rhinebeck Fiber Festival is next weekend!  There was no festival last year due to Covid. I must admit I'm a little nervous about the crowds, but I am vaccinated, and will wear a mask.  It will be so fun to actually feel and see the yarn.

Last week I shared that I needed a lightweight shirt with a collar to wear under the sweater.

I ordered this one from Amazon, and it will work great.  Not heavy at all. 



And just like that...a pair of socks are done.  For my brother.  Yarn is Austermann Step Sock Yarn with Aloe Vera & Jojoba Oil.  It is fast for me to knit a sock in a week - I started the 2nd one last Sunday...but I worked hard to get it done. I was home on Wednesday due to a cold and that helped.I held the yarn double in the heel. 

 

Phew, same size.  (one on top of the other)

I mentioned last week that I was worried I would run out of yarn.  I barely had enough....


Ruth is working away on her pretty sweater.  https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/holly-43

So pretty and so complex!  

Martha is working on the first sleeve of her Big Y Sweater.  Soooo nice!

 

Next us she is going to make a pair of dog-walking mittens for her daughter with leather pads.

Such fun colors!


 She also wants to whip out a shawl....all of this before Christmas!


In other news:

I did a little decorating this weekend.

Joe trimmed the  tree so it would look better.  The leaves were touching the brick before he started!

The scarecrow is solar...so will light up

I left these flowers in the pots, because they are still so beautiful, but we dumped all of the other ones.  They needed to be cleaned up before the leaves start falling.

Mason got to "drive" the cart at Wegmans today!

NO Blog next week....stay tuned for Rhinebeck update on the 24th!

Stay safe and be kind dear blog readers.




No comments: