Sunday, October 31, 2021

Halloween!

 Happy Halloween Dear Blog Readers!  How can it be November already!  

This week I worked on the Double Rib Toddler Hat for Mason. I made several modifications.  Have ripped the ear flap out and started over. I will try on him again tomorrow for sizing before I start the 2nd one.    Valley Yarns Haydenville /  Size 5 needle


Making progress on the Peppermelon Sweater.  It's at 5" below arms now, I will try on again at 6".  I have to increase for the hips. Don't want too drastic of an increase.


Ruth has made great progress on her sweater since last week!  It is soooo nice!

 Green Mtn Spinnery yarn. Alpaca Elegance. Dragonwell colorway. Pattern is Catboat Cardigan by Amy Christophers. 

This week she took two sock yarns to Lift Bridge Yarn in Fairport, NY. They have a sock knitting machine.  She had them wind two yarns into sock blanks.  She striped sock blank is Uneek sock, color 60. The other blank is Knit Circus yarn. Lavish colorway.  now she has to add ribbing, heel and toe stitches. 



 Martha has a nice update.  Her sweater is done ! In her own words:

 I finished knitting and felted Emma’s mittens. They’re wet on a rack.  They fit like a glove so when they dry they’ll be perfect.  I just layed the leather I Bought on top.  I’m hoping these will be her dog walking mittens, since the alpaca ones were wearing too much, 😧 we can’t be having that! These will be tougher and match her coat too.   I bought her yarn to match the mittens if she wants to knit a scarf she can. 


Ok secondly and more importantly my sweater is DONE!!! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻.  This is the The Big Y sweater by Von Hinternn Stein, yarn is Charleston by Dancing Leaf Dyers.  It’s 100% Merino Superwash Wool. I saw in my notes I started It on July 25, 2021! Ok so if you don’t count July because it was at the end it took 3 months to make.  Oh well. I think this concludes the yarn I  bought at Rhinebeck last year!

 

Finally I included the swatching in doing. 

The top green yarn is Mooderna Heathers by Hudson Valley Yarns. I usually try to buy from them every year at Rhinebeck.  I’ve bought grey and black yarn in the past.  I think I’ll make a simple cardigan with this yarn because it is kind of dark.  Too dark to have textured pattern show or work it easily.  I’ve been hunting for a pattern….nothing so far.

Ok the second yarn is the Noro I bought I in NYC last weekend.  Tom seems to be allergic to it so I’ll make his gf a simple cropped sweater in it.  It should go quickly and be easy.  It’s super soft.  I think it was dusty from being at the shop.  I bought Tom some alpaca and acrylic from Webs.  In the past he’s tolerated alpaca very well. It has a little fuzz to it.  So should be snuggly which he likes. I haven’t recieved it from WEBS yet.  Finally the bottom is the camel combined with the Mohair.  I’m combining them because I think this camel yarn was processed in Russia, and has some guard hairs in it and will be itchy.  I’m hoping the mohair will soften it and will give it more structure.  I bought mohair that’s the same color and one ball that’s multi colored. I wasn’t sure which look I wanted. I think Im going to stick to the gold color.

In other news:

Mason was here Saturday and Sunday.  He is so funny. Has a BIG personality.

Tiffany too him to ZooBoo at Rochester Zoo today.

Mom and dad came to see him yesterday

Cutest cow ever!

He posed in front of my fall decorations.  



 Have a great week dear blog readers...Knit on!


No comments: