Sunday, November 14, 2021

Status Quo...Not a Bad Thing

 Hi Dear Blog Readers, 

The Blog update this week is pretty much status quo as it was last week.  We are all working on the same things....but making progress!

I finished Mason's hat.  Double Rib Toddler Hat. Size 5 Needles.

Valley Yarn Haydenville, DK --worsted.  Navy Color.

2nd picture is accurate color.

Mason wore his hat when we went shopping on Friday.  He actually kept it on, and when I took it off, he put it back on (tried to put it back on).  We were picking out books at Walmart. He loves to read.

Just one single cable on the top.  My own design.

I am working on ribbing on the Peppermelon sweater.  I tried it on a string today, and need about one more inch and then bind off!

Started a sweater to give Mason for Christmas.

Sidar Hayworth  Tweed Yarn. 

Pattern is The Afternoon Knows.


I was at a hospital waiting room all day Tuesday, so started a fun color pair of socks. Maybe for me..who knows.  My other projects were all to big to bring.

I made a hat, same pattern as I made for Mason, my own design ( because who can't design a hat with a single big cable!).  Yarn is leftover Tess Design Yarn, merino/mohair from my Mariechen sweater.   I added some Valley Yarn Southampton ( think kidsilk haze) for softness.  Color blueberry. You can't even see it really, but it made it so nice.  Dad will like it I think.


 

Ruth has been working on the sock blanks.   She is currently working on the pair she calls De Seuss colors.  So fun don't you think!!
 

 
 
 
Martha is working on the girlfriend sweater.  (Her son's girlfriend).  I think it is a great yarn choice for this pattern...love it!
Her words: 
 
This sleeve I’m knitting is quite long 19+ inches, so I’ll be knitting this sleeve a while.  This is for Toms Gf .  She liked cropped tops when we visited so I hope she likes this.  This yarn is Noro, Tennen color is Wood. It’s 50% wool, 25% silk, 25% alpaca.  It’s very rustic. I hope she likes it.  The pattern is below. 



 Martha very generously sent my friend Marcia a big box of yarn she was not  going to use.  Marcia makes very fun combinations with scraps.  Thank you Martha..she loved it.

 
Did you notice the sweater that Mason was wearing with his hat? It's the sweater Martha made him before he was born..finally fits. So cute!  Joe said he thought the sweater/hat was an outfit!
Here is a better picture of the sweater.. Thanks, Martha !!!
 

 
 
 In other news:
Most of the leaves are changed.  
See the big green tree in the background...all of those leaves have to fall yet. 

This was the view from my walk this morning..neighbors trees....pretty.

This is our backyard. Joe had all of these cleaned up Thurs night.  It's his part time job in the fall.  Hopefully, they will be done soon.

Have a great week dear blog readers....stay safe and be kind.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

karen said...

so many beautiful knits and giving someone yarn that you don't want but they could use is so sweet!! status quo is where I like to be :)