Sunday, December 19, 2021

Five More Days

 Hi Dear Blog Readers,

Five more knitting days until Christmas.  I may have to wrap things with needles on.

Tiffany requested a pony hat, yarn to match Mason's hat. Of course I had to order more yarn.

 Valley Yarn Haydenville, DK --worsted.  Navy Color.

Size 7 Needles.   My own pattern.

I cast on 108 stitches for 4" of ribbing.  I didn't want the ribbing to stretch....Decreased down to 100 stitches.  Put a big 8 stitch cable on the front, same as I did for Mason.  Knit 5"   Used https://www.ravelry.com/people/Knitatation/new_library#   for decreases.  Just have to weave in ends. It's very comfy. I'm not going to block it.

Finished up the knitting on Mason's  The Afternoon Knows. I think the shawl collar is a big pain. I have done them before and they were easy peasy. Lots of yarn.    See the big thing on the top?  Somehow that attaches to the neck.

these two neck pieces have to be seamed together

Then this attaches somehow.  Im having lunch with Ruth on Tuesday and warned her I may need help.  LOL

Ruth has been working on her 2nd sock this week. I love the colors !

Martha finished up  Tom's beautiful Deschutes sweater.   She  mailed this one and the one she made for his girlfriend so they should get them by Christmas. When you think of when she started, this is pretty quick knitting for two sweaters!

She is almost to the toe on her Miss Babs yarn sock.  Pretty colors.

In other news:

Joe and the kids got together with his nephew yesterday. I could not go - not feeling that great.

Chenzo is 2 months older than Mason and 2x as big.  I love this picture.  I guess it was hard to get the two of them to sit still

Santa was a bust

This is at Uncle Joey and Aunt Casey's.  He was pooped

Mason's shirt says Ring Security.  He was asked to be the ring bearer at their wedding.



Have a great holiday week dear blog readers. Next time we catch up, it will be after Christmas.



No comments: