Sunday, December 26, 2021

It was a Mostly Blue Year

Hi Dear Blog Readers.

The day after is such a let down huh? I love the Christmas season leading up the "the day".  We had a nice holiday. Lots of family time which we love.

 I finished up Joey's bottle sweater (coozie)   Leftover Plymouth Select DK yarn.  Size 3 needles.

It actually took longer than you would think....maybe 6 hours?  He loved it.

The Afternoon Knows sweater for Mason.  It took me a LONG time to figure the collar out. I finally just did it step by step and it worked.  Phew!

Sirdar Haworth Tweed     Size 6 needles

Would I make this again?  Maybe.  When I got to the collar I was thinking never again.  Tiffany loved it..so...maybe. Now that I know what's gong on with it...maybe....I decided to do a matching button. I will update with a picture of Mason wearing when he does. 

This is my 2021 Gift knitting. It was a mostly blue year!   I did a lot more knitting than this, but here are the gifts:

Socks for mom, dad, Vicky, Joel, Casey and Mark. Slippers for Tiffany. Hat for Tiffany and Joe.  Beer sweater for Joey.  Sweater for Mason.

It was fun to see them open it.  Tiffany's 2nd slipper is started.  The pony tail hat needs to be redone. Made bigger.  I knew that was a  possibility.

I worked on the fun colored sock Christmas Eve and Day. 

Brainless.

Ruth is working on a very regal looking beret!

 Alice Starmore Witch Hare Beret. Her Hebridean yarn. it is a kit.  I can't wait to see it done.

Martha fixed this sweater that she made this fall.

The tails are now correct on the front and back sides! Then she put a charm on the back so she would know the back!

This is her Miss Babs sock yarn sock. Too big for her so she will give to her son.

Speaking of her son Tom, here are the sweaters Martha made for her son and his girlfriend.

Look at the great fit!


In other news...

I did not get many pictures on  Christmas...too busy.  I was living in the moment I guess.

I did get a couple:

Tiffany, Mark and Mason

Joey, Casey and Benny

When Mason was born, Joe said he was going to call him something that no one else would think of, so when Mason heard that name and his voice, he would always know it was Joe talking.  Joe came up with "Herby Derby".  Mason is starting to say it...in baby  talk obviously.

Santa thought it was so cute he brought them matching Herby Derby hats.


Have a great week dear blog readers..stay safe and be kind. I hope there is a lot of knitting in your future!


1 comment:

karen said...

lovely photos of your celebrations, like you I don't take much photos. I agree the days leading up to Christmas are the most fun!! Although this year I'm doing great with the after celebration days :)