Sunday, December 12, 2021

Not Much Time Left

 Hi Dear Blog Readers,

I am knitting  away trying to get  my Christmas knitting done.   I am hoping my family appreciates this.

These are Mason's mittens. Pattern is my own.  After I finished the tan color, I tried on him and they were not long enough.  I picked up stitches long the bottom and added the blue yarn, same as his hat.  The hat gets a lot of  use...yea !


The pick up made a nice place to fold the ribbing.

When Mason came Friday, I measured the icord to attach the mittens so they do not get lost.


He is pretty excited that they are done.

And kept them on for over a minute.  Now do I think he will wear these mittens...no.  But I'm hoping he will keep them on to and from the car; especially on cold day. 

I finished up the first Elve Slipper.

Size 3 needle.  Plymouth Select DK Superwash yarn.

The yarn is REALLY splitty which made for some challenging moments.  I will cast on the 2nd one today sometime.  The pattern itself is not really clear in a couple of places, and I had to rely on the Ravelry notes of others to get it done.




Mason's sweater is moving along again. I had to wait for him to come over so I could try it on him.

I sent this picture to Ruth and we decided the sleeve needed to be larger.


So this morning, I ripped it out.

And I'm a couple of inches along.


Once I get the sleeves done, I need to figure out that darn neck.

I still have 2nd slipper, hat and a bottle coozie to make.  I think I will be sitting up knitting and not going to bed so early for the next week.  Wish me luck.

 Ruth is working away on her sock.  I think the colors are sooo cool!

In her words:

Sock pattern is Showoff Stranded Socks. I don’t follow the directions for the sock construction. It’s a little weird. I knit the pattern which is easy. Rows 1 and 3 are knit. Row 2 is YO, K2, pass YO over  the 2 knit stitches, K2. Row 4 is K2, YO, K2, pass YO 2 knit stitches. Easy! 

 


 

Martha is moving right along on her son's sweater.  It's going to be sooo nice.

This is the backaand front together.

Here are the sleeves.  She has 14" done and 3" more to go.

Fun socks from Miss Babs yarn. She put lifeline in for afterthought heel.

It's feeling pretty festive around here.  Ruth got her tree up too!


Have a great week dear blog readers...Stay safe and be kind ...





No comments: