Sunday, December 31, 2023

Happy New Year !

 Happy New Year Dear Blog Readers!

We are enjoying football today.  The Buffalo Bills just won so all good here! Joe and I are staying put tonight and I'm happy about that.

We went away for a couple of days earlier in the week.  I worked on the Christmas stocking, and the mitten.

Arne and Carlos 2023 Mystery Sock.  They closed down the clues on December 24th and I was only up to December 13th. A kind person on the group sent me the clues. I have done 3 today so far. It's going to be very big.

Finished up the first mitten hand.

The back of the hand was about 1/2" shorter than the front due to the slip stitches to make it thicker. When I got to the first marker, I did about 6 german short rows, in pattern to catch it up. I can't believe I thought to do that but it worked.   The 2nd marker starts the decreases.  I have a start on ribbing for mitten #2 but really want to get the super giant christmas stocking done.

Ruth finished up her cute socks this week.

 
 
 She started Double Stuff Mittens --free pattern on Green Mtg Spinnery.  Leftover yarn from her sweater.
  Lining is alpaca and silk. 

Martha is working away on her beautiful sweater.

Her daughter Emma and boyfriend visited her this week. Emma has become a beautiful knitter, and John crochets.  He's a keeper!

Martha went to Webs and got this nice red yarn to make her son something. he is allergic to wool.

And this pretty green yarn for a sweater for her.

In other news:

Mason came for his first fun sleepover!  

We made pancakes in cookie cutters.  (If you try this at home, spray inside with Pam, thank goodness Joe thought to do that).

Charlotte's first Christmas


My three grands


Yesterday I had a few minutes to just sit with the tree on and a candle burning and just breathe.


Until next year dear blog readers....

1 comment:

karen said...

Happy New year may 2024 be full of blessings and family and lots of knitting!