Sunday, June 16, 2019

My Three Hobbies


Hi there,
I think I have three main hobbies...how many do you have?

1.  Knitting. My favorite for sure.
2 and 3 are about equal - buying yarn and browsing / buying patterns.

I have discovered this week that I really need to knit more, and browse/buy
less.  I have so much stash, I need to "knit it down".

Crazy, huh!

I was home sick this week with some kind of bug.
I have been looking for the Jill Draper yarn purchased at her
sale Rhinebeck weekend. Since I didn't have a picture on the
blog, I didn't know what I was looking for.  I have a
"Rhinebeck" drawer, and try to knit from this first, because
otherwise, why go?  (Well lots of reasons...but still).....
I did not find it in there.  I took apart 2 or 3 (or 6 ) more bins
and could not find it.  That made me realize that I really need
to knit down, or get rid of some yarn if I really don't intend
to ever knit with it.  One of the problems is, I have really really
nice yarn.  Not junk to dispose of.
Anyway, I took the whole Rhinebeck drawer apart today and
finally found the yarn. I must have wound it  months ago.
Ruth will be happy to hear this as I've complained to her all week.
:)
It will make a nice shawl. It is green, not the blue it looks like here.
And the ball band must have gotten wrecked because I hand wrote this:


I did not knit much this week, just did not feel well enough.
I did manage to get the sock to the point of decreasing for the toe.
Then I realized it would look really cool with a red toe.
More stash diving. No red fingering weight with a little nylon.
So ordered from Knitpicks...and as I'm sure you know they have
super slow shipping.  They can not be knitters there, or they
would realize that all orders should be treated as RUSH!  When
you need it you need it! And when you want it you need it!
Finally picked up the baby sweater again.
Got the first sleeve finished, and I think it's too big. My hand
fit thru it.  And though I have small wrists...I think still too
big for a baby/toddler.
When I redo it, I'm going to use ribbing for the sleeves.
Even though collar and bottom are garter stitch, the ribbing
makes more sense to me for a kid.
Sigh......  :)

Ruth is almost done with the ribbing on the bottom of her
beautiful sweater!  So nice!!!!

Martha is on vacation, so I did not want to bother her and ask
for blog update.  I hope you are having fun, Martha!
Well deserved for sure.

In other news.....
Ruth is watching her niece's dog, Moxie, while she vacations
with her family (Martha).
Cutie, huh!
I was cleaning out a closet today and tossed a coat on the
floor . Zipper is wrecked and not worth fixing.
Two minutes later Joe called me to come look at the coat.
LOL.  Not sure how Mickey knows when there is something new and
soft to sit on. Must be some kind of cat radar or something.

What are your hobbies?
Is your stash too big?  Just right?
I need more people to knit for I guess.  I can only use
so many "neck things"....LOL

I hope the weather is nice where you are.  Things have not
been too good here in Western NY.   But, we don't have flooding
or tornadoes, so counting our blessings for sure.
Have a good week dear blog readers...

No comments: